Sunday, April 25, 2010

no redeeming value what so ever


I swore next time I posted, I would say something that at least came close to being intellectual.

So much for THAT. Maybe tomorrow. I do plan on boring you with some babbling on my final paper (we should swap, and bore each other!) so...prepare yourself.

In the mean time, I personally feel that more people should make comics with Chaucer in it. I don't know why anyone hasn't yet. Or why no one has turned the entirety of The Canterbury Tales, or parts of it, into a comic. It would be fascin
ating. So many editions are illustrated, as I discussed earlier in the semester, and even though I personally think the illustrations are distracting when trying to read the tales, a comic book could just be...fun? I have no legitimate reason for wanting someone to make one, really, beyond that 'it would be cool.'

Anyway, since it's the beginning of finals week and we all deserve a laugh, have this Chaucer comic courtesy of Hark! A Vagrant

Ah, just kidding, comic is too big for Blogger to handle, click here to see it!

I think it's hilarious the cartoonist drew Chaucer the way he is depicted in that portrait we've all now seen a hundred times. Is that the only existing documentation of what Chaucer looked like? It's everywhere, seriously. Obviously I prefer to think of Chaucer the pilgrim looking different than Chaucer the author, I don't quite know why, for some reason when I read the tales I imagine them as separate entities that look differently. Let's now dwell in my psychosis, though.

(I honestly can't think of anything worse then a millionth day trip to Canterbury with beat poets. I don't know. There could be something worse. But I can't think of any right now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment